Doncaster Cultural Education Partnership (DCEP) works with artists, arts organisations and teachers to connect children and young people with arts and culture. We believe that all children & young people should be able to access and enjoy high-quality cultural opportunities both in and outside of schools. Young people in Doncaster should be inspired, engaged and connected, and have a creative voice.
Doncaster was one of the first towns in our region to set up a Cultural Education Partnership in response to Arts Council England’s Cultural Education Challenge. The DCEP feeds into the Creative & Cultural Strategic Partnership (CCSP) which published the first Creative & Culture Strategy for Doncaster.
The partnership works within the Arts Council’s 7 Quality Principles:
- striving for excellence
- emphasising authenticity
- being inspiring, and engaging
- ensuring a positive child-centred experience
- actively involving children and young people
- providing a sense of personal progression
- developing a sense of ownership and belonging