Voluntary Post: DCEP Independent Chair
Doncaster Cultural Education Partnership (DCEP) is looking for a new independent Chair to provide strategic leadership to DCEP meetings.
The chair will be passionate about connecting young people with great arts and culture in Doncaster and act as an ambassador and spokesperson for cultural Education and the DCEP.
The chair will ensure that the DCEP is governed effectively and is functional through its meetings, working groups and events. In collaboration with the DCEP, the chair will consider issues, risks and opportunities and come to well-founded decisions that align with the DCEP’s vision and mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
Core responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide strategic leadership and governance to the partnership, ensuring it has identified appropriate actions and is delivering within its vision and mission
- Chair DCEP meetings effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision making process
- Work closely with the DCEP leads to ensure meetings are well planned, meaningful and reflect the responsibilities of members
- Motivate members to fulfil their responsibilities and are encouraged to be accountable for their commitments
- Galvanise members engagement, helping to ensure that decisions are taken in the best, long-term interests of the partnership and that members take collective ownership
- Help DCEP to build and maintain relationships with partners and other senior figures in the local authority, cultural and education sectors
Specialist Skills and Knowledge
Skills, knowledge and experience required to fulfil the role include, but are not limited to:
- Experience of operating at a strategic leadership level, preferably, within an the education or culture sector, or both
- Demonstrate commitment to the purpose and objectives of the partnership
- Experience of chairing meetings and events (preferable)
- Broad knowledge and understanding of cultural education sector and current issues affecting it
- Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment and motivate people
The Chair will serve a three-year term, and be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term of three years. This position could be filled by one person, or offered to two people to work together as co-chairs.
Applicants should send a letter of application (two sides of A4 max.) setting out suitability for the role to email@example.com by midday on 18th May 2021
Interviews will be held Friday 21st May 2021 via Zoom.
Contact Jo McQuade at the email address above for further information or to arrange an informal discussion of the requirements of the role.
The successful candidate will be able to join the next DCEP meeting which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday 15th June 15:30 – 17:00 via Zoom. All further meeting dates are to be arranged.
The DCEP was one of the first Local Cultural Education Partners to be established within our region, in 2015, in response to the arts council’s Education Challenge. It brings together cultural organisations, educational institutions and the local authority to deliver their shared vision:
“To see all children and young people, engaging in, learning from and enriched by quality creative experiences across the borough”.
The DCEP reports to the Doncaster Growing Together Arts & Culture Programme Board which is helping to achieve Doncaster’s borough strategy. The DCEP leads on advocating for Cultural Education in Doncaster’s Culture Strategy.
You can read more about the partnership on our website.